FORTUM ACQUIRES SHARES IN A DANISH ELECTRICITY SALES COMPANY

Fortum Energi A/S, Fortum’s subsidiary in Denmark, has acquired a 40% share of Grøn Synergi A/S, a Danish electricity sales company. The shares were sold by Nordøstfyns Elforsyning, which continues to hold the remaining 60% of the company’s shares.

 

The transaction brought Fortum direct end customers of electricity in Denmark, and Fortum will start co-operating with Nordøstfyns Elforsyning to develop the operations of Grøn Synergi A/S in the liberalising electricity market of Denmark.

 

Grøn Synergi has 14,000 customers and its electricity sales are growing. The company’s largest customers include Kemira in Fredericia, the University Hospital of Odense, and Vestfrost in Esbjerg.

 

Further information:

Roger Johansson, Managing Director, Fortum Energi A/S, tel. +45 40 10 66 32