Fortum Corporation STOCK EXCHANGE RELEASE 20 October 2005 at 9.00 am
Interim Report January - September 2005
Strong performance continues
- Good results and cash flow in the third quarter
January-September in brief
- Profit before taxes from continuing operations 801 (674) million, up by 19%
- Comparable operating profit* 874 (799) million, up by 9%
- Earnings per share from continuing operations EUR 0.65 (0.58), up by 12%
- Strong net cash from operating activities in continuing operations of EUR 331
(233) million in the third quarter, net debt decreased to EUR 3,333 million.
- Solid third quarter performance with clearly higher operating profit and
earnings per share.