Fortum Corporation STOCK EXCHANGE RELEASE 31 January 2007
The Board of Directors proposes to the Annual General Meeting an amendment of
Articles of Association
The Board of Directors of Fortum Corporation proposes to the Annual General
Meeting of Shareholders to be held on 28 March 2007 that the Annual General
Meeting would resolve to amend the company's present Articles of Association as
1. The minimum and maximum capital requirements in Paragraph 3, sub-section 1
of the Articles of Association shall be deleted.
2. Paragraph 4 of the Articles of Association shall be amended so that the
company's shares belong to the book-entry system in accordance with the
provisions of the Finnish Act on Book-Entry System. Other sections in the
paragraph shall be deleted.
3. Paragraphs 9 and 11 of the Articles of Association shall be amended so that
instead of signing for the company the term "representing the company"
adopted under the new Finnish Companies Act shall be used.
4. Paragraph 18, sub-section 1, point 1 of the Articles of Association shall be
amended so that at the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders the financial
statements, which include consolidated financial statements and the
Operating and Financial Review, shall be presented; and points 4 and 5 so
that at the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders the adoption of the
financial statements and consolidated financial statements as well as the
use of the profit shown in the balance sheet shall be decided on.
5. Paragraphs 19-32 of the Articles of the Association relating to redemption
of shares are proposed to be deleted since the Finnish Securities Markets
Act includes a corresponding mandatory provision.
Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications
Helsinki Stock Exchange