Chelyabinsk CHP-4

Built in 1930, this is the first power plant of the Chelyabinsk Region in Russia, and the first energy system of the country.

Chelyabinsk CHP-4

During Fortum’s investment programme in Russia, two new combined-cycle gas turbine power units were built on the power plant area.

Unit 1 of Chelyabinsk GRES started commercial operation on 1 December 2015, and unit 2 on 1 March 2016. Both new units’ installed electricity capacity is 247.5 MW and heat capacity approximately 174 MW.

The new units are fully CSA-backed. Prices for capacity under CSA are defined in order to ensure a sufficient return on investments. 
Commercial operation of the unit started on November 23, 2017. Unit 3 was needed in order to shut down the plant's 8 obsolete generators. After reconstruction, Chelyabinsk GRES became the largest CCGT combined heat and power plant in the Urals area. In 2018 the plant was renamed Chelyabinsk CHP-4. The plant uses natural gas as fuel.

CS1

Contacts

PAO Fortum, Chelyabinsk CHP-4
Power Plant Manager: Vladislav Bannikov
ul. Rossiiskaya 1
454006 Chelyabinsk, Russia
Tel: +7 351 247 03 59