Boot Camp is a yearly innovation campaign where anyone in Fortum, select suppliers, and chosen universities can apply.
The five best ideas are invited to a three day boot camp in Helsinki, where the ideas are refined and/or pivoted into feasible concepts to experiment – all financed by Fortum.
On the final day of the boot camp, the teams pitch their concepts in front of a jury. The winner is announced at a closing dinner in Helsinki the same evening.
The winning team gets 100 000 EUR of funding to experiment their concept in a real world environment.
Applicants to Boot Camp Season 5 can submit ideas to the following challenges:
- Ideas for Hybrid Renewable Energy
- Ideas to help build the future circular economy
- Ideas for consumer digital services
- Ideas for digitalizing Fortum.
- If your idea doesn't fit in any of our four challenges there is an open challenge. The more innovative and radical, the better!
Practical information for applicants
If your idea is chosen, two persons from your team will be invited to the Boot Camp. As a participant in the Boot Camp you will, apart from representing your idea, also contribute with feedback to strengthen other participants ideas. The process is transparent for everyone involved, which means that all ideas will we visible for other participants in the Boot Camp.