District heating warms your property reliably
District heating is a convenient and reliable form of heating buildings. Buildings are connected to underground pipe network that carry warm water to heat houses. It also provides customers safe household water for consumption and washing. Heat energy can be captured from numerous sources such as air or waste heat generated by industrial processes.
Shared heating infrastructure makes sense
District heating is a convenient, modern and reliable form of heating. A centrally run and energy efficient system is also good for the environment, since the heat increasingly comes from recycled energy. With district heating, you enjoy comfortable living and contribute to a sustainable society.
AI-driven smart steering to reduce emissions
Demand side response - DSR, or the smart control of district heating, optimises heat production and the heating of buildings at differing intervals so that heat is directed to where it is most needed at that time. With demand side response, we reduce the use of back-up heat plants - and emissions.
Two-way district heating
With two-way district heating, companies and businesses both big and small can sell their excess heat to us. We are providing cost-efficient cooling and heat recovery systems for data centers in Espoo. The excess heat from data centers is recovered and returned to district heating network.
Future district heating
- We use waste heat from wastewater for district heating in Suomenoja, Finland
- CO2 free waste heat from data centers is recovered and recycled to the district heating network
- Carbon-neutral district heating is an integral part of the energy system and energy recycling
- District heating will be based on distributed and flexible solutions: waste heat, heat pumps, boilers and heat accumulators
- AI-driven demand side response reduces the required amount of heat energy