In nuclear power plant decommissioning large components, such as reactor pressure vessel (RPV), RPV internals, steam generators and the biological shield, form the critical path of the decommissioning schedule.
Another important factor in dismantling is the bulk dismantling that makes up the majority of the total dismantling volume. Based on the experience from the large Swedish decommissioning projects, we can take care of the volume driven dismantling in a cost efficient way.
Fortum together with its partners has the capability to support and perform even the most demanding dismantling activities:
- Dismantling of RPV and RPV internals
- Segmentation of high dose rate components
- Dismantling of primary circuit and biological shield
- Dismantling of systems, structures and components inside the containment
- Packing optimisation
- Volume driven dismantling
- Heavy lifting
- Conventional demolition