APROS® - Advanced Process Simulation Software
APROS® Nuclear is a comprehensive, accurate and user friendly tool for modelling and dynamic simulation of nuclear power plants.
APROS® Nuclear simulation and analysis software has shown its excellence as a key contributor in assuring nuclear power projects achieve the highest plant safety and operational performance levels. It has been successfully used in a series of major nuclear power plant projects, including power upgrade, modernization, safety improvement, and new plant projects.
High-fidelity simulation, a single tool:
- Comprehensive plant model for reactor island, turbine island, balance of plant, electrical and automation systems
- Reactor types covered: BWR, PWR, VVER
- 1D- and 3D neutronics solvers, incl. two-group nodal kinetic model
- Thermal hydraulic solvers incl. six-equation, and three-equation flow models
- Fully graphical user interface for model configuration and simulation
- Connectivity to third party software
- Vendor independent code owned by NPP owner-operator and research organization
- More realistic transient behavior due to less boundary conditions assumptions; real physical feedback e.g. between turbine and reactor plant models
- Quick and easy-to-use fully graphical model configuration, simulation and maintenance
- Extensively verified code and validated models against real measurement data