We custom-design environmental management and material efficiency solutions to boost your process efficiency in the chemical industry, saving your time and money while saving the environment.
Fortum designs and produces environmental management and material efficiency service packages for the chemical industry. Increased material efficiency improves the environmental friendliness and cost-efficiency of your operations. We specialise in flexible service packages that can be tailored to meet almost any need.
Our services for the chemical industry cover everything from planning and consultancy to material flow management and waste management. Stricter waste legislation and increasingly environmentally aware customers call for greater consideration of environmental aspects in industrial processes. Material-efficient and energy-efficient production are key to achieving a competitive advantage while maintaining a good brand perception.
Competitive advantage from our services
We are a pioneer in building a society based on the circular economy – a society in which materials circulate as long as possible. This approach is reflected in Our industrial material planning reflects this approach. The generation of waste is inevitable in the chemical industry, but if properly implemented, our environmental management and material efficiency services can help achieve a significant competitive advantage.
Partnering with the pharmaceutical industry
We have a long history of being a trusted partner in the pharmaceutical industry. Thanks to our industry knowledge and long-term partnerships, our end-to-end service solutions are fine-tuned to comprehensively cover all business needs.
At Fortum, practically all waste is utilised as material or energy. We handle the collection and disposal of hazardous waste. Our strengths include knowledge of environmental regulations and the necessary permits, as well as comprehensive reporting systems.
Benefits for the chemical industry
- cost savings and material efficiency
- competitive products and services
- competitive advantage and maintaining the corporate image
- individual and effective solutions
- Classifies, sorts, packs, transports, provides training on and manages the disposal of waste responsibly.
- Analyses, optimises and separates recyclable materials from flows, directing them to reuse.
- Yearly reports, basis for environmental report, web portal
- R&D tailor-made solutions for the industry.
- Participates in environmental development and construction processes by treating waters and contaminated soil and building landfills, for example.
- We implement local service and logistics solutions as well as international treatment networks.
- We provide solution models ranging from the recycling of an individual material to the full-scale outsourcing of waste management.
- Fortum's energy services including energy efficiency, energy optimization and fuel simulation