Construction and demolition industry
Receive both construction and demolition sites’ waste management solutions from one reliable partner.
With Fortum, you get a versatile partner that deals with the waste management of both demolition and renovation sites. Effective utilisation of materials and management of timetables and risks bring considerable savings to our customers.
At the core of construction and demolition business is the ability to separate waste and utilise materials. Fortum offers a service solution in which a building's demolition and soil remediation, as well as contaminated soil remediation, can be handled through the same agreement which results in significant savings. More than 95% of the waste created at construction and demolition sites can be utilised e.g. as structural layers of landfills or as energy. Thanks to innovative handling techniques, we also recycle hazardous waste into energy and remediate contaminated soil or water.
We always tailor beneficial solutions on a case-by-case basis, so that emerging construction waste could be reused in the immediate vicinity of the construction site. Our solutions includes: contaminated soil or water is collected and processed, construction waste is used in environmental construction projects and hazardous waste is removed from circulation.
Benefits for the construction and demolition business:
- A partner that deals with both demolition and renovation work and the handling of contaminated soil.
- Management of timetables and risks and the effective utilisation of materials brings our customers considerable savings in costs.
- We replace virgin materials in various ways such as recycling bituminous waste, roofing felt, and plasterboard.
- We are involved in various types of research and development projects which promote the development of the entire sector, its profile, and which create a unified set of criteria.
- Classifies, sorts, packs, transports, teaches, and deals with the responsible processing of waste.
- Analyses, optimises, and separates recyclable materials from the flows, channelling them to recovery and re-use.
- Takes part in environmental development and construction processes by cleaning waters, contaminated soil, and by setting up landfills.
- We implement both local service and logistics wholes as well as international processing networks.
- We offer a solution model from the recycling of individual materials to the full outsourcing of waste processing.