Fortum´s environmental and material services turn the forest industry´s side flows into cost savings.
Increasing profitability for the forest industry
We meet the needs of the forest industry with comprehensive environmental and materials services for the forest industry. Our services deliver cost savings and improve the efficiency of your production processes. With waste management and material circulation solutions, all recyclable materials can be utilised – either in the industry’s own or Fortum’s processes. Therefore the side flows turn either into utilities or sources of income.
Our innovative solutions help develop the forest industry´s processes, thus reducing waste and improving material efficiency. Solutions for the forest industry can includes for example re-use of recyclable material, such as plastic, to produce recycled products and raw materials for industry, side-flows of ash and green liquor sludge are utilised in environmental construction projects, and hazardous waste is removed from circulation. The well-planned reutilisation of material flows improves profitability by making the production process more efficient.
Waste management and material circulation solutions are individually tailored to each company. We are familiar with forest industry legislation and the topical themes in the sector. Our R&D team is constantly developing new, innovative solutions for the sector.
Benefits for the forest industry
- Cost savings
- Reputation management
- Process streamlining
- Utilisation of waste and side-flows
- Information on new regulations
- Customer-specific sustainable solutions
- Classifies, sorts, packs, transports, provides training on and manages the disposal of waste.
- Analyses, optimises and separates recyclable materials from flows, directing them to reuse.
- Participates in environmental development and construction processes by treating waters and contaminated soil and building landfills, for example.
- We implement local service and logistics solutions as well as international treatment networks.
- We provide solution models ranging from the recycling of an individual material to the full-scale outsourcing of waste management.