Fortum generates cost-efficiency for the metal industry by reducing and reusing the material flows. Our tailored recycling solutions improve and enhance processes.
Optimising the metal industry’s side-flows
Fortum is streamlining the metal industry’s production with comprehensive waste management solutions. We support the cost-effectiveness of your production every step of the way. We help you to minimise unnecessary waste and turn side flows into valuable assets. Let’s optimise the recycling of waste materials generated from your production. We can turn waste and slag into new raw materials or commodities. We also treat hazardous waste.
We can take care of all aspects of the metal industry’s waste management. Our solutions improve and enhance processes throughout the entire chain - from production to waste disposal. This increases the metal industry’s cost-effectiveness and environmental efficiency.
Fortum’s strength lies in tailored solutions for - and in collaboration with - the customer. We combine good local knowledge of the metal industry with international experience. We are well prepared for the large volumes of unusable material generated in production.
Benefits for the metal industry:
- Improvement and enhancement of processes throughout the entire chain from production to waste disposal.
- Better know-how, more potential solution models to increase cost-effectiveness and environmental efficiency.
- Measuring the consumer price index (CPI) as the basis for continuous growth and development.
- Increased competence and reputation management.
- Information on new environmental laws and regulations.
- Classifies, sorts, packs, transports, provides training on and manages the disposal of waste.
- Analyses, optimises and separates recyclable materials from flows, directing them to reuse.
- Participates in environmental development and construction processes by treating waters and contaminated soil, building landfills, and rendering harmless the ash released from steel incinerator furnaces, for example.
- We implement local service and logistics solutions as well as international treatment networks.
- We provide solution models ranging from the recycling of an individual material to the full-scale outsourcing of waste management.