Fortum has over 40 year’s extensive nuclear operator experience and unique knowledge of treatment and handling of activated and contaminated nuclear waste. We are able to develop the optimised waste management strategies from safety, sustainability and life-time cost-efficiency perspectives for nuclear facilities in different phases of their life-cycle. Based on our experience on operational waste, decommissioning waste, the treatment of liquid waste and nuclear waste disposal, we can help you to optimise your waste management.
Fortum offers optimization of nuclear waste management practises in the following areas.
- Development of radioactive waste management strategy
- Nuclear/radioactive waste management consultation
- Nuclear waste route planning
- Characterisation of nuclear/radioactive waste
- Radiation safety in nuclear/radioactive waste management
- Waste management during nuclear decommissioning
- Nuclear legacy waste management
- Waste packing and logistics
- Waste management cost estimation and optimisation