Sustainability assessments and indices
Expert assessments of our sustainability efforts and good rankings in sustainability indices are important to us as they support the continuous improvement of our performance.
CDP Climate Change
- Rating B in 2022 (A- in 2021) among the Electric utilities sector (scale from D to A, A being the highest score).
- As the majority owner of Uniper, Fortum has consolidated Uniper as a subsidiary as of 31 March 2020. The consolidation has ended on 30 September 2022 due to Uniper divestment.
- CDP collects information on climate risks and low carbon opportunities from the world’s largest companies.
- Read Fortum's CDP Climate Change 2022 response.
- Read more on CDP Climate Change.
- Fortum has received a Gold rating in the EcoVadis sustainability assessment in 2022.
- The Gold level rating indicates that the company is among the top 5% of companies assessed by EcoVadis. The EcoVadis assessment criteria include themes of environment, labour and human rights, ethics and sustainable procurement.
- Read more on EcoVadis.
- Fortum is a constituent of the ECPI® Indices 2021.
- ECPI focuses primarily on the ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) performance factors that determine issuers’ sustainability and intangible market value.
- ECPI research covers over 4,000 issuers and maintains one of the world‘s largest sustainability databases.
- Read more on ECPI® Indices.
ISS ESG Corporate Rating
- Rating Prime Status B- in 2022 (unchanged).
- Prime status is awarded to companies that meet specific minimum requirements in Corporate Ratings and achieve the best ESG scores among their sector peers.
Moody's ESG Solutions
- Fortum has received the Moody's ESG Solutions scorecard in 2022.
- Moody’s ESG Solutions is a business unit of Moody’s Corporation that serves the growing global demand for ESG and climate insights. The group’s offering includes ESG scores, climate data, Sustainability Ratings and Sustainable Finance certifier services. Moody’s ESG Solutions’ data is used for various ESG indices.
- Read more on Moody’s ESG Solutions.
MSCI ESG Ratings
- Rating BBB in 2021 (unchanged).
- MSCI ESG Research provides MSCI ESG Ratings on global public and a few private companies on a scale of AAA (leader) to CCC (laggard), according to exposure to industry-specific ESG risks and the ability to manage those risks relative to peers.
- Read more on MSCI ESG ratings.
NASDAQ OMX Sustainability Finland Index
- Fortum is included in the NASDAQ OMX Sustainability Finland Index 2022.
- The index consists of the 40 shares with the highest Sustainability ranking of the 80 most traded shares on NASDAQ Helsinki.
- Read more on NASDAQ OMX Sustainability Finland index.
- Fortum has been certified as a Nasdaq's ESG Transparency Partner (reporting year 2021).
STOXX Global ESG Leaders
- Fortum is included in the STOXX Global ESG Leaders index 2021/2022.
- The index offers a representation of the leading global companies in terms of environmental, social and governance criteria.
- The index is made of the following three ESG sub-indices: the STOXX Global ESG Environmental, Social and Governance Leaders indices.
- Read more on STOXX Global ESG Leaders.