Climate and resources
We are Europe’s third largest carbon dioxide free power generator and a large player in gas. With our strategy we drive the transition to clean energy. In our strategy we focus on reducing carbon dioxide emissions in own operations and transforming our own operations carbon neutral.
- Reduction of CO2 emissions (Scope 1 and 2) in European generation by at least 50% by 2030 (compared to base year 2019)
- Carbon neutral (Scope 1 , 2 and 3 emissions) in European generation by 2035 at the latest
- Carbon neutral globally (Scope 1, 2 and 3 GHG emissions), in line with the goals of the Paris Agreement, by 2050 at the latest
- Scope 3 greenhouse gas emissions reduction by 35% by 2035 at the latest (compared to base-year 2021)
- Number of major voluntary measures enhancing biodiversity ≥12 in 2021
We support the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). Climate and resources related targets are clearly visible in the below chart:
As the world is facing not only a climate crisis but also a global biodiversity crisis, we had a biodiversity target of conducting a minimum of 12 major voluntary measures that improve the living conditions of species and strengthen populations in 2021. A total of 13 major voluntary measures were implemented.