Your privacy in Hydro Go
This supplement gives general information about the mobile app Hydro Go. For further information about privacy at Fortum, please read our main privacy notice:
One of the main purposes of the app is to bring safety to your work at our plants by providing ability to automatically check in and check out at plants. Knowing who is at plants is important in case of emergency situations so our dispatch center can inform rescue personnel who is currently located at the plant. Checking in and out of plants is mandatory regardless of if using the app or not. The app will provide convenience and safety by not forgetting to do so.
What information do we collect?
- Registration and contact details: Name, phone number, and email as registered in your Fortum AD-account is used for knowing who is checked in at the plants
- Geofencing Location data is used for automatically checking you in at a plant, or if you’re not using automatic checking to notify you to not forget checking in or out when entering or leaving a plant. The exact location is not known, only that you are somewhere in the plant area as defined by the geofence. The app will only know the plant name, not the location itself.
- The date and time for a check-in at a plant and when leaving a plant.
- The check-ins at plants, and all information related to it, are stored for 18 hours after leaving a plant and then deleted. The purpose of the 18 hours is safety related in case the dispatch center need to get in contact with the people recently been at the plants.
- When checked in there is an optional note field in the app were added information related to the plant visit can be used. This data is also deleted 18 hours after a checkout from the plant.
- For trouble shooting and statistical purpose we collect anonymous information such as check-ins and check-outs on plants, the brand/model/operating system of your mobile device, and aggregated statistics on the usage of different views in the App. For this we use the Google Analytics Service.
- We do not collect any location data apart from above described.
How do we use that information?
The information collected as described above, is visible for the Dispatch Center in order for them to be able to act in case of emergency. The anonymous statistical data is used for improving the App and most of all improving safety for people at plants by making sure we utilise the check-in/check-out functionality in a good way.
Your registered Fortum AD-account is maintained as long as you are working at Fortum or as a service partner to Fortum. The account will be deleted when leaving Fortum or the Service Partnership with Fortum.
How do we collect the information?
The information collected in the app is sent to our Amazon Web Services Cloud solution as described above, and then removed accordingly.
Do we share that information?
The information is not shared outside of the people mentioned above. If we would see from the anonymised data that the usage of the check-in/check-out functionality is not sufficient for maintaining personnel safety at plants that anonymous statics data can be used to improve the process and people behaviour related to safety at plants.
What safeguards are in place?
The communication between the App the cloud encrypted.
What are your choices?
In the app you can select to not do automatic check in/check out. In this case you will have to check in and check out manually. You will get a reminder when arriving and leaving a plant.
If not using the app at all you will have to call the dispatch center to check in and out, but we prefer some of the above to not overload the dispatch center with phone calls.
Fortum Corporation is the controller of your data related to the Hydro Go app. You may contact us through contact information shared in the main privacy notice links above.