Radiation Safety and Environment Process Support
Over our years of support for the Loviisa NPP, we've built significant expertise of diverse radiation related safety analysis cases ranging from detector efficiency analysis to plant scale dose rate analysis for emergency preparedness needs. Our team also supports Loviisa NPP and other businesses in various environmental topics such as permitting and environmental impact assessments (EIA) and is taking part in transition to green economy e.g. via support on hydrogen projects.
Radiation Safety Analyses
Our competence covers for instance the calculation of radiological releases, dose rate analysis, activation analysis, radiation shielding design, radiation detector analyses and emergency preparedness.
Environmental Impact Assessment procedures
We can conduct environmental impact assessments for nuclear facilities as well as manage the coordination of environmental impact assessments.
Environmental Permitting and sustainability
We are experts in assessments of required permits, permitting procedures and in sustainability matters.
We have prepared radiation safety analyses for, for example, NPPs, use of waste management facilities, spent fuel encapsulation plants and final disposal facilities. All of this is critical for the acceptance and safety of any nuclear facility and we would gladly support you with our knowledge. See below for examples of our offering and the skillset of our radiation safety experts:
- Radiation physics
- Radiation protection and safety design
- Radiation monitoring (plant and environmental scale)
- Radiological release and dose assessments
- Radiation safety analyses (e.g. MCNP, Microshield)
- Emergency preparedness
- Authorized Radiation Protection Expert (RPE) activities
- Read more about these services in Finnish here, or contact our experts directly at sta [at] fortum [dot] com
We are working on many environmental aspects ranging from supporting our own and co-owned NPPs to supporting projects within green economy transition (hydrogen projects, data center projects and so on). See below for examples of our offerings and skillset of our environmental experts:
- Environmental impact assessment (EIA) and its coordination
- Environmental monitoring and reporting
- Assessment of required permits
- Permitting procedures
- Limnology and biology expertise including biodiversity aspects
- Environmental management system
- Meteorology (dispersion, severe weather phenomena, climate and so on)